EACH DONATION PROVIDES A HOME FOR A SINGLE STARVING ARTIST
The Generic Theater is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to enriching and educating the community through the performing arts.
All contributions to the Generic are tax-deductible and support this vital mission.
For information about what is needed and why, please see below.
Works of art are not passive reflections of economic, social or political conditions. They actively enable a society, or group within society, to accomplish various goals that could not otherwise be obtained.
Where do donations go?
- Production costs (sets, costumes, props, supplies, etc)
- Equipment and rentals (lights, computers, software, mixer boards, microphones, etc)
- Administrative costs (bank/accounting services, office equipment, phone/Internet service, etc)
- Educational programs (discussion panels, theater conferences, GT for Kids)
- Building upkeep and improvement
- Artist/technician honoraria
- Much more!
What is needed for the future?
- Improved lighting and signage (so you don’t get lost anymore!)
- Paid staff positions
- Lobby and entrance beautification
- Publicity resources (for advertising and promotion)
- Upgrades for aging electrical and lighting equipment
- Improved community outreach
- Tools for set construction
- Security precautions against theft and damage
- Curtains and carpeting
- $25: Helps pay monthly web hosting and online services
- $50: Keeps the Internet on for another month
- $100: Pays for a costume rental to upgrade our production quality
- $250: Can afford us a skilled technician for an entire show!
- $500: Underwrites new materials for an entire production’s set construction
- $1000: Upgrades lighting & signage as a service to all patrons
- $5000: Helps underwrite an entire production; modernizes the theater’s equipment; raises production quality across an entire season; funds publicity, education and outreach
- $10000+: Secures the long-term growth of the theater into a defining cultural organization for our region